As Chemicalgate CEO, his core passion to create unicorn, drove him and his leadership team’s successful transformation of small business, moving its original idea to the IoT, AI-oriented cloud business model by creating unique technologies with building strong team and collaboration with Universities in Japan. He is passionate about empowering teams to drive product innovation and scale Chemicalgate business globally.
- 1958 Graduated from Shizuoka University, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Electronic Engineering, and joined Japan Electron Optics Laboratory, Ltd. (JOEL)
- 1960 he moved to Nippon Steel Corporation. (Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation Group).
- In May 1991, He retired from Nippon Steel Corporation and moved to Silicon Valley in1991.
At Silicon Valley (1991~2010)
- Established and operated Eidesign Technologies, Inc. in 1991, a startup developing MPEG-2 image compression technology. Sold to EXING, Inc. in 1993
- Founded “Spruce Technologies, Inc.” in 1996. It developed and commercialized innovative DVD authoring systems and contributed to DVD Industries. The flagship product "DVDMaestro" became a de-fact standard at Hollywood. The first and the biggest customer for Spruce was Disney.
- May 2001, Eventually, Spruce was acquired by Apple.
Returned to Japan at the end of 2010
- 2011- present: Working with the METI (Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry), and NEDO (New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization), etc., to engage in the start-up support projects as a key player.
- 2012 to 2017: Lectured at Keio University (Leading University Program of MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology)).
- 2016 ~ present: GTE (Global, Technology and Entrepreneurs Workshop) International entrepreneurial development workshop for high school students.
Since November 2017: He has been working as CEO for Chemicalgate Co., Ltd.
In 1976, he was awarded Doctoral Degree from The University of Tokyo